CRC Community Education Toolkit
Whether you are answering a reporter’s questions, educating patients about colonoscopy or need inspiration, background material or facts for an article you want to submit to your local media—the CRC Community Education Toolkit will help your efforts to make a difference.
The toolkit includes:
- Background, Key Messages and Talking Points
- CRC Awareness Month Poster | Download
- Social Media Resources
- ACG CRC Patient Education Links
- CRC Screening Fact Sheet
- ACG Screening Guideline
- Sample Media Bylined Articles
- Letter to the Editor Tips
- Template for Media Outreach
Background, Key Messages and Talking Points
The following document is offered to help you address key issues in colorectal cancer screening for media interviews during March. As a way to focus your comments and bring attention to important public health issues relating to colorectal cancer, we are providing specific background and talking points for CRC month.
Shared Goal: Reaching 80% Screened for Colorectal Cancer by 2018
New this year we are supporting the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable’s (NCCRT) new initiative “80% by 2018.” ACG has joined a national coalition of organizations committed to eliminating colorectal cancer as a major health problem. With the American Cancer Society and NCCRT, we are working toward the shared goal of reaching 80% of eligible adults screened for colorectal cancer by 2018.
ACG Colorectal Cancer Awareness Graphics
ACG has developed a range of graphics, including two powerful and informative infographics, to help in your colorectal cancer awareness efforts. The College encourages you to print and share these with your patients, on your website, in your office and via social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook
“Take the Quiz. Get the Test.”
Poster and Animation
Why Take Chances?
How the Other Half Lives
- Colonoscopy: What to Expect
- Journey Through a Healthy Colon
- Removal of a Pre-Cancerous Polyp
- Discovery of a Cancerous Polyp (Colon Cancer)
- ACG’s Colorectal Cancer “You Can Prevent It” Brochure
Purchase brochure copies for community education here.
- Your Doctor Has Ordered A Colonscopy: What Questions Should You Ask?
- Q & A About Quality in Colonoscopy
- Virtual Colonoscopy: FAQ About CT Colonography