- World Congress of Gastroenterology at ACG 2017 Dates
- Press Credentials for WCOG at ACG 2017 Scientific Meeting
- Press Badges
- Embargo Policy
- Media Briefings Schedule
- Press Releases
- ACG Blog
- Media Guidelines for Exhibitors
- Video & Photography Policy
- Outside Press Conferences
- Hotel Reservations
World Congress of Gastroenterology at ACG2017
October 13-18, 2017
Orange County Convention Center
Members of the working press are welcome at the WCOG at ACG 2017 Scientific Meeting and all scientific and poster sessions are open including plenary sessions, symposia, research and clinical forums, and postgraduate courses. Registration is free.
Use the link below to apply for press credentials, or call ACG Media Staff at (301) 263-9000.
Click here to apply for Press Credentials. You will receive an email confirming your Press Registration.
Press badges will be distributed on site in the Press Room. A press badge must be worn to gain access to all sessions, the exhibit floor and the Press Room.
Only journalists who have presented press credentials will receive a press badge. Clips, a business card or letter of assignment on media outlet letterhead can serve as credentials. Bring credentials with you. Please direct any questions regarding registration to:
ACG Media Staff
American College of Gastroenterology
6400 Goldsboro Rd., Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20817
Phone: (301) 263-9000
For 2017 in Orlando, FL, the embargo is Monday, October 16, 2017, at 8:00 am EDT. The spirit of the embargo is that the science becomes public at the start of the Scientific Meeting.
ACG’s embargo policy means that no news, information, results of any abstract or research finding can be released to the media or published before Monday, October 16, 2017, at 8:00 am EDT.
This embargo includes revealing anything about the results (including the title of the abstract—since often times the title indicates the finding) in a press release—or “curtain raiser.”
Should you have questions, please email ACG Media Staff at email@example.com.
Exhibitors are welcome to provide press materials for display in a designated exhibitor area of the Press Room subject to the following guidelines.
- All Exhibitor press materials must be on letterhead from the sponsoring company or organization and inside a folder clearly identified as from the company or organization.
- While prior approval of Exhibitor press materials is not required, Exhibitor press materials should not be written in such a way that a reader might mistake the source as ACG. All Exhibitor releases displayed in the Press Room should make absolutely clear the source of the release, and while they may convey that the information was presented at the WCOG at ACG 2017 Scientific Meeting, in no way should the release imply that ACG endorses a particular study or supports the conclusions drawn in any Exhibitor press materials. The College reserves the right to remove from the Press Room Exhibitor press materials in violation of this guideline.
- Exhibitors releasing information to the media based on research presented at the WCOG at ACG 2017 Scientific Meeting or events there should honor the ACG embargo.
Exhibitors, Attendees, Guests and Media are strictly prohibited from any video capture of the Exhibit Hall or any educational session or event of the meeting for any purpose without prior permission from the ACG. Exhibitors, Attendees, Guests and Media are strictly prohibited from still photography of the Exhibit Hall or any educational session or event of the meeting for commercial purposes. For more information about photography or video at the meeting, contact ACG Vice President of Meetings & Exhibitions Elaine McCubbin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press conferences at the WCOG at ACG 2017 Scientific Meeting sponsored by exhibitors or groups other than ACG are outside press conferences. The College requests that no group schedule a press conference at the same time as the ACG-sponsored Media Briefings. Groups holding outside press conferences are responsible for securing their own space, but are welcome to coordinate with an ACG Meetings Manager to try to identify an appropriate venue. As a courtesy, please notify the College of plans to hold a press conference at the WCOG at ACG 2017 Scientific Meeting by contacting ACG Media Staff at 301-263-9000 or email email@example.com
Book your room now through the ACG housing website.