- ACG 2015 Annual Meeting Dates
- Press Credentials for ACG Annual Scientific Meeting
- Press Badges
- Embargo Policy
- Media Briefings Schedule
- Media Guidelines for Exhibitors
- Outside Press Conferences
- Hotel Reservations
80th ACG Annual Scientific Meeting and Postgraduate Course
October 16-21, 2015
Hawaii Convention Center
Members of the working press are welcome at the ACG Annual Scientific Meeting and all scientific and poster sessions are open including plenary sessions, symposia, research and clinical forums, and postgraduate courses. Registration is free.
To register use the link below to apply for press credentials, or call Jacqueline Gaulin at 301-263-9000.
Click here to apply for Press Credentials. You will receive an e-mail confirming your Press Registration.
Press badges will be distributed on site in the ACG Press Room. A press badge must be worn to gain access to all sessions, the exhibit floor and the Press Room.
Only journalists who have presented press credentials will receive a press badge. Clips, a business card or letter of assignment on media outlet letterhead can serve as credentials. Bring credentials with you to ACG. Please direct any questions regarding registration to:
American College of Gastroenterology
6400 Goldsboro Rd., Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20817
Phone: (301) 263-9000
All research presented at the ACG Annual Scientific Meeting is strictly embargoed until 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the Annual Meeting.
For 2015 in Hawaii, this is Monday, October 19, 2015 at 8 AM EDT.
The embargo policy means that no news, info, results of any abstract or research finding can be released to the media or published before Monday, October 19, 2015 at 8 AM EDT.
This embargo includes revealing anything about the results (including the title of the abstract—since often times the title indicates the finding) in a press release—or “curtain raiser.”
For questions email email@example.com
Check for updates Fall 2015.
Exhibitors are welcome to provide press materials for display in a designated exhibitor area of the ACG Press Room subject to the following guidelines.
- All Exhibitor press materials must be on letterhead from the sponsoring company or organization and inside a folder clearly identified as from the company or organization.
- While prior approval of Exhibitor press materials is not required, Exhibitor press materials should not be written in such a way that a reader might mistake the source as ACG. All Exhibitor releases displayed in the ACG Press Room should make absolutely clear the source of the release, and while they may convey that the information was presented at ACG, in no way should the release imply that ACG endorses a particular study or supports the conclusions drawn in any Exhibitor press materials. The College reserves the right to remove from the Press Room Exhibitor press materials in violation of this guideline.
- Exhibitors releasing information to the media based on research presented at ACG or events at ACG should honor the ACG embargo.
Exhibitors, Attendees, Guests, and Media are strictly prohibited from taking still photography or video of the Exhibit Hall or any educational session or event of the meeting for publication, re-broadcast or placement on a non-ACG website or print publication without prior permission from the ACG. For more information about photography or video at the meeting, contact ACG’s Director of Meetings, Elaine McCubbin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press conferences at the ACG Annual Scientific Meeting sponsored by exhibitors or groups other than ACG are outside press conferences. The College requests that no group schedule a press conference at the same time as the ACG sponsored Media Briefings. Groups holding outside press conferences are responsible for securing their own space, but are welcome to coordinate with an ACG Meetings Manager to try to identify an appropriate venue. As a courtesy, please notify the College of plans to hold a press conference at the ACG Annual Scientific Meeting by contacting Jacqueline Gaulin at 301-263-9000 or email email@example.com
Please visit http://acg.registration.meetingsites.net to book your room in Honolulu through the official ACG Housing Bureau. The passcode for meeting attendees is 2015. Booking through the housing bureau ensures you will receive the special meeting rates and amenities ACG has negotiated with area hotels. Booking your room online is the easiest and fastest way to confirm your reservation in Honolulu. If you require a hard copy of the housing booking form, please call 888-863-7817. Leave your name, fax number and/or email address and phone number and a form will be sent to you within 48 hours.
The deadline for hotel reservations is September 23, 2015