LGBTQ+ Resources for GI Physicians
The American College of Gastroenterology proudly supports LGBTQ+ physicians and patients and strives to provide education for GI trainees and physicians to create an environment of allyship and promote the highest quality care for LGBTQ+ patients. Explore these resources to gain a greater understanding of how you can help advance the GI field through inclusivity.
Articles from The American Journal of Gastroenterology (AJG)
On behalf of the ACG Women in GI Committee, Judy A. Trieu, MD, MPH, speaks with Nikki Duong, MD; Kira Newman, MD, PhD; and Douglas Simonetto, MD, about their experiences as LGBTQ+ physicians and how the GI community can create a culture of allyship for colleagues and patients.
Articles from The American Journal of Gastroenterology
- Digestive Health in Sexual and Gender Minority Populations
Vélez, et al.
- On a Need to Know Basis: Being “Out” in Medical Training
Nikki Duong, MD & Jasmine Barrow, MD
- Overcoming the Challenges and Mitigating the Disparities in Our LGBTQI+ Patients
Sonali Paul, MD, MS
ACG Virtual Grand Rounds — Overcoming the Challenges & Mitigating the Disparities in Our LGBTQI+ Patients: A Digestive Diseases Health Perspective – Sonali Paul, MD, MS
Healio Gastroenterology: LGBTQ+ mentorship key to help medical trainees be comfortably ‘out,’ GI fellow says
- National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center (a program of the Fenway Health Institute)
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
- Reports from the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine:
- CDC — Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention — LGBTQ Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
- National LGBT Cancer Network