ACG Case Reports Journal Editorial Board Applications 2023-2024The ACG Case Reports Journal is a peer-reviewed, open-access publication that provides GI fellows, private practice clinicians, and other members of the health care team an opportunity to share interesting case reports with their peers and with leaders in the field. Articles are published online for free to all readers and prominently feature images and videos with case descriptions. Please visit https://gi.org/ for more information and to view previously published articles.
The ACG Case Reports Journal was created to help fulfill ACG’s commitment to providing growth and learning opportunities for physicians still in GI fellowship and is edited exclusively by GI fellows. As an Editor, you will guide submissions through the publication process with support from ACG publications staff. Join the editorial board to gain valuable editorial experience, help your peers share their work, and establish your reputation as a leader. All positions have one-year terms beginning July 1, 2023.
Positions and Major Responsibilities
• Responsible for all scientific content and final decisions on manuscripts
• Discusses manuscripts with Associate Editors and decides whether to accept, revise, or reject
• With ACG publications staff, decides policies, and best practices for the journal
• Suggests improvements, additions, and changes to better the journal and experience for editors
• May have the opportunity to present at publishing-related ACG events throughout the year
• May have the opportunity to write Editorials and other articles in the journal throughout the year
• Represents the journal to authors and others
• Records podcasts with authors of selected articles
• Supervises and provides feedback to Associate Editors
• This position is limited to one term of one year
• Reports to Editor-in-Chief
• Reviews submitted manuscripts and recommends them for acceptance or rejection to the Editor-in-Chief
• Maintains knowledge of current practice and literature to determine merit of individual submissions
• Will have opportunity to write Editorials and other articles in the journal throughout the year
• Promotes readership or participation with the journal among peers and colleagues
• Can be renewed for a second one-year term, contingent on satisfactory performance and eligibility.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants for all positions should be GI fellows in North America who will start their second, third, or fourth year of GI fellowship on July 1, 2023. Appointed editors are required to join ACG if not currently a member.
Institutional Commitment: There must be a strong commitment from the candidate’s division to support the candidate’s work with the journal.
Individual Commitment: The candidate must have the time and interest to maintain consistent attention to the journal and to processing manuscripts. Editors are expected to check their assignments at least twice per week with the expectation of 10-12 hours of work.
Compensation: Editors will receive a travel stipend to the ACG Annual Meeting as recognition for their contributions.
Deadline: Please complete this application online by April 21, 2023.