- 2018 ACG Annual Scientific Meeting Dates
- Press Credentials for ACG 2018
- Press Badges
- Embargo Policy
- Expert Availability, Press Briefings and Press Releases
- ACG Blog
- Media Guidelines for Exhibitors
- Video & Photography Policy
- Outside Press Conferences
- Hotel Reservations
2018 ACG Annual Scientific Meeting
October 5-10, 2018
Pennsylvania Convention Center
Members of the working press are welcome at the 2018 ACG Annual Scientific Meeting (ACG 2018). All scientific and poster sessions are open including plenary sessions, symposia, research and clinical forums, and postgraduate courses. Registration is free.
To register for press credentials, submit the form here or call ACG Media Staff 301-263-9000.
Press badges will be distributed on site in the ACG 2018 Press Room. A press badge must be worn to gain access to all sessions, the exhibit floor and the Press Room.
Only journalists who have presented press credentials will receive a press badge. If you have not registered for press credentials in advance, bring credentials with you to the meeting. Clips, a business card or letter of assignment on media outlet letterhead can serve as credentials. Please call (301-263-9000) or email ACG Media Staff with any questions regarding registration.
All research presented at ACG 2018 is strictly embargoed until 8:00 am EDT on the first day of the Annual Meeting. For 2018, this is Monday, October 8 at 8:00 am EDT.
The embargo policy means that no news, information, results of any abstract or research finding can be released to the media or published before Monday, October 8 at 8:00 am EDT.
This embargo includes revealing anything about the results (including the title of the abstract—since often times the title indicates the finding) in a press release or “curtain raiser.”
If you have a question, please email ACG Media Staff.
ACG 2018 Expert Availability, Press Briefings and Press Releases
Check for updates in late Summer 2018. Follow ACG news by visiting the ACG Blog.
Exhibitors are welcome to provide press materials for display in a designated exhibitor area of the ACG 2018 Press Room subject to the following guidelines:
- All Exhibitor press materials must be on letterhead from the sponsoring company or organization and inside a folder clearly identified as from the company or organization.
- While prior approval of Exhibitor press materials is not required, Exhibitor press materials should not be written in such a way that a reader might mistake the source as ACG. All Exhibitor releases displayed in the ACG 2018 Press Room should make absolutely clear the source of the release, and while they may convey that the information was presented at ACG 2018, in no way should the release imply that ACG endorses a particular study or supports the conclusions drawn in any Exhibitor press materials. ACG reserves the right to remove from the Press Room any Exhibitor press materials in violation of this guideline.
- Exhibitors releasing information to the media based on research presented at ACG 2018 or events at ACG 2018 should honor the ACG 2018 embargo.
Exhibitors, Attendees, Guests and Media are strictly prohibited from taking video or audio recording of the Exhibit Hall or any educational session or event of the meeting for publication, rebroadcast or placement on a non-ACG website or print publication without prior written permission from the ACG. Still photography is permitted only for personal, non-commercial purposes, including social media. For more information, email email@example.com. Media should email ACG Media Staff.
Press conferences at ACG 2018 sponsored by exhibitors or groups other than ACG are outside press conferences. The College requests that no group schedule a press conference at the same time as any ACG-sponsored Media Briefings. Groups holding outside press conferences are responsible for securing their own space, but are welcome to coordinate with ACG VP of Meetings and Exhibitions, Elaine McCubbin, to try to identify an appropriate venue. As a courtesy, please notify ACG of plans to hold a press conference at ACG 2018 by either calling the ACG Office at 301-263-9000 or by emailing ACG Media Staff.
Book your room now through the ACG housing website.